Growing up in Northern Italy, Arrigo Bodda dreamed of becoming an architect. He chose instead to study law, a handy pre-requisite for a career in human resources in a country where staffing involves a lot of legal work. His corporate career neatly coincided with the emergence of the European Union, a phenomenon that deeply influenced his work and life. After much success in the executive suites of global enterprises, Arrigo now has the opportunity to pursue his passion for design and architecture as an angel investor with Walnut Venture Associates and as an entrepreneur.
In this lighthearted interview, Arrigo shares some of the valuable wisdom gained in navigating large multinational enterprises across cultures and across disciplines. He offers valuable suggestions for founders of startups seeking to do business with multinational companies. He also provides an appealing model of finding the right balance between following your passions and making concessions to reality.
Click here to listen to the podcast featuring Arrigo Bodda.
Topics discussed in this podcast include:
- Arrigo Bodda Bio
- Living & Working in Europe vs. in the United States
- The Secrets of Successful Cross-cultural Relations in the Workplace
- How Arrigo Bodda found His Career Path – Deep Wisdom on Career Development from an HR Specialist
- “The suggestion that I have for everyone that is listening now, and that they are thinking where I should make my first move, my recommendation is make your first move in a place where the people around you are better than you.”
- European Union 2.0
- Tips for Startups Navigating Huge Multinationals
- The Value of an MBA from IMD
- Starting a Company in Thailand
- What Kind of Companies Arrigo Bodda Likes to Invest In
- What Does Arrigo Bodda Look for in a Founding Team?
- Don’t Invest in Startups Alone – Join a Group, It will Save you Money & Be More Fun than Investing Alone